Don’t be taken advantage of. There are a lot of trustworthy transmission repair technicians out there who can fix the transmission for a fair price. We’ve seen clients who spent over a thousand dollars for maintenance services that should have been completed for a couple hundred dollars in other places. Find out here Mazel Auto Repair – Boca Raton transmission repair
Since transmission repair is one of the most costly fixes on your car, you must do your homework while looking for a reputable and professional transmission repair shop.
Here are a few things you should do to save money on transmission repairs.
- Some transmitter repair shops don’t operate on transmissions or don’t do so on the premises. To make a profit, they will tow the vehicle to a nearby transmission repair shop and charge you an extra fee on top of what they will be paying. To stop paying any markups, aim to negotiate directly with the transmission hub.
- Shop around for transmission repair shops that have reasonable rates.
Check to see whether they can equal or exceed rival rates.
- Provide them with the following facts.
- Do you have a manual or automatic transmission?
- Do you have a front-wheel-drive, rear-wheel-drive, or four-wheel-drive vehicle?
- DO NOT ALLOW ANY TRANSMISSION CENTER TO Bill YOU FOR AN Assessment, ROAD TEST, OR TEAR DOWN BEFORE PROVIDING YOU WITH A REPAIR COST. The transmission specialist may need to disassemble the transmission in order to correctly diagnose the issue.
- Just take or get the vehicle towed to a transmission centre if the initial check, road examination, and tear down are free.
- Once you have a pricing estimate, make sure it’s in writing and that it contains a warranty. Keep an eye out on some hidden expenses.
This are only a couple of the measures that must be taken in order to prevent incurring any additional transmission costs.